Family Guy returns to TV this fall on September 30th and Executive Producer Steve Callaghan along with Mark Hentemann, Seth MacFarlane, Alex Borstein, Mike Henry, Seth MacFarlane and Mila Kunis were on hand to discuss the new season of the show in their always funny fan favorite panel at Comic-Con. Following a reel of of awesome scenes from the new season, the panelists took questions from the fans.
Here are 10 Highlights which are sure to make you excited for the new season:
1. The season premiere will include the Griffins engaging in a one-up manship battle against the family of one of the Lois’ ex-boyfriends. In the episode they’ll climb Mt. Everest.
2. Seth Green is a rock star at Comic-Con. Not only did he make a hilarious entrance to the panel by ‘fake?’ making out with Steve Callaghan but he also danced with Mike Henry and attempted to get the fans to do a speed round of questions so that everyone could have a turn. Proving he’s just a big a fan as we are, he was videoing Seth MacFarlane with his phone when the show creator was asked to sing.
3. Callaghan says future episodes include “An episode where quagmire actually marries a hooker” and Peter becoming a meth dealer. The Griffins will also become a Nielsen family and during this episode Peter will make TV what he wants it to be. The 200th episode of Family Guy airing this season will see Stewie and Brian going back in time and include some gross and amusing clips.
4. Family Guy is known to parody many celebrities and current events so has anyone ever gotten really mad? MacFarlane says “We’ve had a few people get angry.” Apparently when they had the washer woman (an old character of Carol Burnett’s) mop up white stuff on the floor of a sex shop in an episode, she filed a law suit. MacFarlane said he’s assuming they won since he never actually kept up with the case.
5. With the Family Guy Star Wars episode being such a hit, will they do more movie themed episodes? MacFarlane stated they “got lucky with the people at Lucas Films because they have such a progressive attitude towards parody.” While he has thought of doing Star Trek or Indiana Jones episodes, it’s more about what they can get the rights to. “Not everyone is as enlightened as George Lucas.”
6. Alex Borstein was suggested for the role of Lois by someone at FOX where she was working on MAD TV whereas Mila Kunis and Seth Green both auditioned for their roles on the show. MacFarlane liked Kunis’ voice for the role because it felt real. Green “came in and did an impression of Ted Levine (Buffalo Bill) from Silence of the Lambs” after he was dared to by a friend and killed it while everyone else auditioning for Chris did a surfer type because of the character’s long blond hair.
7. In an upcoming episode, Chris will get very mad at his parents and go to live with herbed. Green teased that there is a really great scene where they go to bed in the same room. In Chris’ voice, he says “When it comes to me and Herbert, there ain’t no love involved it’s straight hitting it and quitting it.”
8. MacFarlane would like to do another music album to follow up his debut, Music is Better than Words, and says there are tentative plans surrounding it. After the crowd chanted with him to sing, he finally let lose to uproarious applause.
9. An awkward fan question led to Borstein telling everyone to look at the sign language interpreter as she spewed out words of profanity. MacFarlane and Green later joined in making her sign “giant beefy flippidity floridity saggy dog” and “poop” among other words.
10. This season’s finale will be the next ‘Roads’ episode and is entitled ‘Roads to Vegas.’ In the episode, Stewie and Brian teleport themselves to Las Vegas and somehow duplicate themselves. One set of the pair has the best time ever and one has the worst….we’re pretty sure that means it will be an instant classic.
Family Guy returns Sunday, September 30th on Fox.