Get ready for another season of trying to make it work under a major time crunch, designers, because Project Runway has officially announced the top 20 contestants for season 9. Yes, 20! In only a matter of weeks, we’ll not only have the same backstabbing, uber competitive drama, and breathtaking talent that has characterized the show’s run thus far, but there’s a bit of a twist. Instead of the show’s typical 16 contestants, we’ll have an additional 4 would-be designers vying for a shot to show Heidi, Michael, and Nina their stuff.
If they make it past the brutal opening episode cut, they’ll have the chance to fit, sew, and cinch their way to some pretty terrific prizes. If the hardworking designers want to make it that far, though, they’ll not only have to impress the regular members of panel, but also the bevvy of guest judges, including Christina Ricci, Malin Akerman, Zoe Saldana, and Kim Kardashian, among others.
In preparation for season 9’s premiere on July 28th, Lifetime has released profiles of each of the top 20, containing questionnaires, home visit videos, portfolios, and work samples. You can check everything out below and form your early favorite in preparation for the premiere.
- Amanda Perna, 25 – Hometown: Ft. Lauderdale, FL; Resides in: New York, NY
- Anthony Ryan Auld, 28 – Hometown: Linden, TX; Resides in: Baton Rouge, LA
- Anya Ayoung-Chee, 29 – Hometown: Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago; Resides in: Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
- Becky Ross, 38 – Hometown: Calumet, MI; Resides in: Portland, OR
- Bert Keeter, 57 – Hometown: Washington, D.C.; Resides in: Los Angeles, CA
- Bryce Black, 26 – Hometown: Twin Falls, ID; Resides in: Portland, OR
- Cecilia Motwani, 34 – Hometown: Cordoba, Argentina; Resides in: Woodside, NY
- Danielle Everine, 26 – Hometown: Minneapolis, MN; Resides in: Minneapolis, MN
- David Chum, 29 – Hometown: Merong, Battaan, Philippines; Resides in: Boston, MA
- Fallene Wells, 29 – Hometown: Las Vegas, NV; Resides in: Denver, CO
- Gunnar Deatherage, 21 – Hometown: La Grange, KY; Resides in: Louisville, KY
- Joshua Christensen, 29 – Hometown: Snohomish, WA; Resides in: Los Angeles, CA
- Joshua McKinley, 25 – Hometown: Cleveland, OH; Resides in: New York, NY
- Julie Tierney, 35 – Hometown: Baton Rouge, LA; Resides in: Grand Junction, CO
- Kimberly Goldson, 35- Hometown: Brooklyn, NY; Resides in: White Plains, MD
- Laura Kathleen, 26 – Hometown: St. Louis, MO; Resides in: St. Louis, MO
- Olivier Green, 22 – Hometown: International; Resides in: New York, NY
- Rafael Cox, 27 – Hometown: Alamogordo, New Mexico; Resides in: Atlanta, GA
- Serena da Conceicao, 31 – Hometown: Kingston, NY; Resides in: Brooklyn, NY
- Viktor Luna, 30 – Hometown: Guadalajara, Mexico; Resides in: New York, NY
Who’s your early favorite? Who do you think will be the season villain? Are you excited for this season of Project Runway?