It’s always a tough struggle to see which shows are going to survive the fall premiere season. Audiences have a limited attention span, and not that many end up making it.
In truth, not that many new shows are doing all that great on the networks because cable channels like AMC and FX are thriving with higher quality programming. It’s so dire that NBC is now the top network for the 18-45 demographic. Crazy huh?
Below via WarmingGlow we have a list of seventeen new shows ranked from highest to lowest. Near the bottom, you’ll see which are on the bubble of being cancelled like Mob Doctor and Ben and Kate. Surprisingly, even though the Mindy Project is almost last, it’s been picked up for a full season.
1. Vegas (CBS) (11.7 million viewers, 2.0 in the demo)
2. Elementary (CBS) (10.9 million viewers, 2.3 in the demo)
3. Revolution (NBC) (8.6 million viewers, 3.3 in the demo)
4. Last Resort (ABC) (7 million viewers, 1.7 in the demo)
5. Made in Jersey (CBS) (CANCELLED) (6.78 million viewers, 0.8 in the demo)
6. Nashville (ABC) (6.7 million viewers, 2.0 in the demo)
7. Go On (NBC) (6.65 million viewers, 2.6 in the demo)
8. The Neighbors (ABC) (6.5 million viewers, 1.9 in the demo)
9. Partners (CBS) (6.1 million viewers, 2.1 in the demo)
10. Chicago Fire (NBC) (5.8 million viewers, 1.5 in the demo)
11. The New Normal (NBC) (4.86 million viewers, 2.0 in the demo)
12. 666 Park Avenue (ABC) (4.82 million viewers, 1.5 in the demo)
13. Guys with Kids (NBC) (4.19 million viewers, 1.4 in the demo)
14. Animal Practice (NBC) (CANCELLED) (3.85 million viewers, 1.1 in the demo)
15. The Mindy Project (Fox) (3.55 million viewers, 1.9 in the demo)
16. Mob Doctor (Fox) 3.36 million viewers, 0.9 in the demo)
17. Ben & Kate (Fox) (2.7 million viewers, 1.2 in the demo)
Anything worth saving on here? I can’t say any of these have blown my socks off this season so far, but I haven’t got around to checking out every single one yet.