SyFy channel has ordered a 13 episode second season for Warehouse 13. In its first season, Warehouse 13 rose to the top of the cable channel’s offerings, becoming its most watched original series ever – surpassing even Battlestar Galactica. Warehouse 13 seems to fill the void for ‘fun’ science fiction, offering quirky episodic stories with an easy-going mythology that doesn’t demand the level of scrutiny and dedication as shows like LOST. This simple formula has struck a chord with fans, who are no doubt rejoicing at the renewal. The second season will reunite the current leads Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly, Saul Rubinek and Allison Scagliotti. Warehouse 13 season one will air its finale on September 22 at 9pm ET/PT with guest stars CH Pounder (The Shield) and Roger Rees (West Wing).
Here are some quick facts from SyFy on Warehouse 13′s various milestones:
- In its first season, Warehouse 13 has delivered a 2.9 Household rating (including only the weeks for which full DVR data is available), 4.02 million total viewers, 1.99 million Adults 25-54 and 1.57 million Adults 18-49.
- Having just reached the mid-point of the season, Warehouse 13 is tracking to be the highest-rated and most-watched first season ever for a Syfy original series, even topping Battlestar Galactica’s 2.4 Household rating and 2.86 million total viewer averages.
- It is currently averaging over 4 million total viewers per episode and has delivered more viewers than many scripted series on competing networks this summer, including TNT’s Hawthorne, Raising the Bar, Dark Blue and Saving Grace; FX’s Rescue Me and Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva.
- Warehouse 13 has grown its audience since its premiere, setting series highs for total viewers with its second and fourth telecasts.
- Warehouse 13 episodes account for three of the network’s top five most-watched original series telecasts ever.
- The fourth episode which aired on Tuesday, July 28 at 9PM (ET/PT) delivered the most Females (1.9 million) of any series telecast in Syfy’s 17-year history.