Keanu Reeves is the guy that seems to have mastered the comeback. He’s also the guy you tend to forget about until he does come back and rock whatever movie he’s in. His career thus far as he’s grown older has been kind of up and own, but he’s been there is the point. When he was younger he made a few great movies but now that he’s been getting older he’s calmed down a lot and been making movies that are a little more fitting for a guy like him. In other words as he’s matured, so have his movies.
He’s actually getting a lot better with age.
10. Falling in love and having a relationship are two different things.
A lot of people would dispute this, but quite honestly it’s very true. You can have a relationship with someone and not love them, and you can love them but not wish to start a relationship.
9. The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.
Sometimes all that’s really required is to make sure that you’re giving the kind of attention that is needed for something or someone. It can make all the difference.
8. It’s always wonderful to get to know women, with the mystery and the joy and the depth. If you can make a woman laugh, you’re seeing the most beautiful thing on God’s Earth.
Being as Mother’s Day is coming up this is a perfect quote. Women are in fact every bit the mystery and beautiful sight in this world.
7. Sure I believe in God and the Devil, but they don’t have to have pitchforks and a long white beard.
The idealized images of the divine powers that people grant so much power to are a great deal simpler and far more than they’ve been made out to be at times.
6. I used to have nightmares that they would put ‘He played Ted’ on my tombstone.
It wouldn’t be the absolute worst legacy, but it would definitely be a bit too little for a man that’s done so much.
5. When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want I just react. I go against it.
Sometimes going against the grain is the perfect way to live since it means you won’t bow or just shrug your shoulders and go with anything that comes along.
4. It’s fun to be hopelessly in love. It’s dangerous, but it’s fun.
In truth it’s like a thrill ride that seems to have no ending in sight, at least until you remember that everything that has a beginning has an end.
3. Mortality is very different when you’re 20 to when you’re 50.
When you’re younger there’s little if any reason to think about mortality. As the years go by however it becomes a very different reality.
2. I’m sorry my existence is not very noble or sublime.
In truth very few people could make such a claim, we do what we can to insure that we’re remembered at all sometimes.
1. It’s the journey of self, I guess. You start with this kind of loner, outside guy, which a lot of people can relate to, and he goes out into the world.
At one point he loner becomes the every man, and then the every man becomes the legend. It’s a classic because it happens quite often.
Keanu Reeves is more than sum of his characters.