Anthony Hopkins is a very enigmatic person when you look at him. He’s just a man and a very talented actor if you look closely, but his talent and his time spent within Hollywood thus far have painted him as something quite different from anyone else as he has given us some of the most despised and beloved characters throughout movie history. From Hannibal Lecter to Colonel Ludlow he’s been an absolute joy to watch and listen to. The man can play a very convincing figure no matter what role he’s been cast into and has prove his worth many times over throughout the years alongside many an accomplished actor.
When acting alongside him however it might seem that other actors are a bit nervous at times due to his status.
10. My philosophy is it’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
Why worrying what people think of you? Simply do what you love to do, and do it the best you can, and let the rest sort itself out in the end.
9. I think the healthy way to live is to make friends with the beast inside oneself, and that means not the beast but the shadow. The dark side of one’s nature. Have fun with it and you know, is to accept everything about ourselves.
The more you know about yourself the more you can enjoy who you really are inside. It’s one of the oldest beliefs to have ever circulated around humanity.
8. We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It’s a death trap.
The more you think the less you might want to do as a result of over-thinking everything to the point of convincing yourself that it’s not worth the effort. Of course the opposite is true as well.
7. Relish everything that’s inside of you, the imperfections, the darkness, the richness and light and everything. And that makes for a full life.
If you can’t enjoy everything about yourself at least be at peace with it. That way you can lead a full and enriching life.
6. I think a certain amount of stress in life is good.
No stress is simply too boring as nothing ever seems to happen.
5. Life’s too short to deal with other people’s insecurities.
There’s no need to worry about the insecurities of others when your own life is sure to be complicated enough.
4. The magical, supernatural force that is with us every second is time. We can’t even comprehend it. It’s such an illusion, it’s such a strange thing.
The manner in which we comprehend time seems rather limited as we gauge it’s passage and sometimes lament its passing.
3. I was bullied as a boy – lots of kids are, but hopefully most of us get on with our lives and grow up.
Perhaps this should be a lesson learned by the generations still growing up, or left as a lesson to those generations yet to come.
2. I am able to play monsters well. I understand monsters. I understand madmen.
It’s a slippery slope of understanding but thus far he’s made it work wonders.
1. Once you begin to fall off the track and believe you breathe different air to everyone else, you’re doomed; you’re finished.
The moment you think you’re better than anyone else is the moment you might realize you’re really not.
Anthony Hopkins seems like the kind of guy you’d want to listen to.