Robert Craighead is an actor who has worked in the entertainment industry for over 30 years. In that time he’s starred in a large number of notable titles within film and television. He has also been working in theater productions and to broaden his interests, he is now a touring country music singer. Robert came from a small town in Texas and to see him succeed doing what he loves is inspiring. It’s always great to learn more about an actor, where they come from and what their interests are. So below you can find 10 nuggets of information about Robert.
- Robert’s father had a small oil company in Texas with production and a logging and perforating company. He was a self-taught geologist and explosives expert. Robert grew up working in the oil field. Robert’s mother was an artist and owned an art store. Robert also dabbled in charcoal art.
- Robert was once a Texas All State High School football player, playing in a Texas and Oklahoma High School All Star Game.
- Robert’s second love aside from acting is country music and he’s recorded a few country songs that are available on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify etc.
- Robert is also a writer, having written an award winning screenplay and recently finished a comedy pilot for television that he is looking to have produced.
- Many people may not know that Robert also voiced many video games, playing the main villain, Mathias, in TOMB RAIDER, the evil General Hemlock in DEAD RISING 3 as well as Brok, the foul mouthed blue dwarf in the new hit GOD OF WAR.
- Robert has been happily married for thirty-three years and his wife is a very successful executive who works developing health and wellness programs.
- Robert’s daughter is a USC graduate and has a Masters in Psychology; she currently works with children with autism. He is extremely proud of her.
- Robert loves fishing! He fishes at every opportunity he can, which unfortunately is not as often as he would like. He grew up fishing in lakes and small ponds in Texas but now mostly does ocean fishing off the coast of California and every summer in Cape May New Jersey.
- Robert loves history and archeology. He is very interested in ancient civilizations and mankind’s evolution. Robert visited the pyramids in Mexico and would love to travel to Egypt and Africa.
- Robert’s greatest thrill of his life is his two year old grandson who fortunately lives five minutes from him and he spends every chance he can with him. (He can’t wait to take him fishing!!!)
Here’s Robert’s full bio:
One of the most versatile character actors in Hollywood can be seen recurring in Seth Rogen’s new TV series for Hulu “Future Man” as Det. Vincent Skarsgaard and co starring in the feature films “The Tiger Hunter”, and “Painted Woman” all to be released the fall of 2017. Most recently known as a series regular on Tyler Perry’s “Too Close to Home”, as Sheriff Mobley, and for recurring as Sergeant Clarke on the hit Fox comedy, “New Girl” , he has been respected as a notable character actor for over 30 years in Hollywood. Robert has made hundreds of appearances in television shows, had roles in over 40 feature films, performed in over 100 theatrical productions across the country and has recently seen success as a country music singer.
Growing up in the tiny oil town of Electra Texas, being an actor would not have been an obvious career choice, but for Robert, he could think of nothing else. After finishing high school Robert was accepted to the prestigious American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA) in Los Angeles, where he studied acting and performed in the AADA Repertory Company. After graduating, Robert wasted no time in securing work as an actor in film, television and on stage. He was immediately cast in the world premiere musical comedy “Ameritage” that had a successful run of over a year in Beverly Hills. Several guest starring roles on television followed before he secured roles in cult classic films such as “Return of the Living Dead,” “Cujo,” and “The Bear.” Robert then appeared as Lieutenant Frank Conran on the daytime drama “The Bold and The Beautiful” for four years and had a recurring role on “The Young and the Restless.”
Since his early career, Robert has amassed a long resume of television guest starring roles on just about every crime drama there is, most recently “NCIS: Los Angeles,” “NCIS,” “Rizzoli & Isles,” “Castle,” “Southland” and “Criminal Minds” to name a few. Although Robert is well known for his dramatic performances, he has had plenty of opportunity to demonstrate his comedic ability in guest starring roles on television shows including “New Girl,” “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,” “The Millers,” “Crowded,” “Childrens Hospital” and upcoming appearances in the new “One Mississippi” with Tig Notaro and “Winslow K. Whitaker” with Michael Ian Black. He can be seen in several upcoming feature films including “The Last Heist” and the soon to be released comedy “The Tiger Hunter” opposite Danny Pudi and Kevin Pollack. Robert still enjoys performing live on stage when his schedule permits.
Last year in Los Angeles he starred in The Ruskin Group Theatre’s world premiere country musical “Sneaky Ole Time,” featuring top hits of Grammy and CMA award winner, Paul Overstreet. Most recently, Robert completed a screenplay in which he will star and is currently in development. Featuring original songs by Paul Overstreet, about a country music singer and his son, titled “Catch a Fallen Star.” Robert resides in Los Angeles with his lovely wife of 31 years, Jennifer. They have one daughter and are proud grandparents of an adorable grandson.