Believe it or not Boss Baby is kind of a revenge tale since there is a character within the story that was once one of the Boss Babies. Thanks to an intolerance to lactose however the baby, Francis, was unable to continue taking the formula that gives the Boss Babies their adult-level intelligence. Vowing to get back at the Boss Babies for being fired Francis opened up Puppy Co., a company that threatens to take the love and affection that people feel for babies and given to dogs. This is part of why The Boss is there, to figure out just why adults are giving more love to puppies than they are to babies. The slightly convoluted plot is meant to show that a clandestine group of babies exist that are just as smart as adults and are dedicated to preserving the love of infants by society. It sounds like a silly movie but it does have a few touching moments and it was fairly well-liked by a lot of people.
Here are a few things that people might not have known about the movie.
10. There’s a Glengarry Glen Ross reference in the movie.
“Cookies are for closers” is a pretty direct reference to “Coffee is for closers” from one of Baldwin’s other popular films.
9. Kevin Spacey was going to be a part of the movie but was replaced.
His part was taken by Steve Buscemi, whose voice seems a little more comical in any case.
8. This movie was thought to be somehow inspired by Donald Trump’s impending presidency.
The director said it was just a coincidence and that there was no correlation. A lot of folks wondered though since Alec Baldwin has parodied Trump on SNL before and after the election.
7. The baby sounds are stock sounds.
There are some sounds that are kept around on video file for just such films as this when they can be rolled out again and put to good use.
6. At Baby Corp. gender is marked by a different color pacifier.
Boys are given blue pacifiers and girls are given pink pacifiers to identify them. This seems like it might offend someone.
5. Rotten Tomatoes didn’t have much good to say about the film.
It’s not too surprising that this one didn’t score too high on Rotten Tomatoes but quite honestly this shouldn’t stop people from enjoying it.
4. There’s a lot of foreshadowing in the beginning of the film.
The toys that are laid out have a lot of significance when it comes to the story and what happens to the lead characters.
3. There’s a reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark.
This comes when Tim and Boss Baby are attempting to steal a file from Puppy Co.
2. There’s a reference to Mary Poppins.
This scene occurs when Eugene is dressed up similar to Mary Poppins, which is a tad bit disturbing.
1. The trap used to catch Tim and Boss Baby is a cruder version of Mouse Trap.
Anyone remember this old board game? It’s been used in movie and TV on and off for a while.
It might be worth a look at least.