The lovable loser that was Joe Dirt didn’t have a lot going for him until he realized that he had everything, but he still managed to capture the attention of a lot of people. The sequel kind of bombed out but then with the original they caught something special. It wasn’t exactly lightning in a bottle but it was just enough to keep people laughing and provide a few fun quotes that could be repeated again and again and entertain the masses with their hilarity. The movie on the other hand is something you might reference as you get older if you remember it. It’s kind of fun to imagine what Chris Farley would have been like if he’d been around to share this with David Spade, but for all intents and purposes Spade did alright with this one.
It was pretty funny to be honest.
10. I got the poo on me!
You’d kind of like to say that Joe has a few brains in his head but when he straps himself to an old septic tank from an RV it doesn’t say much for his intelligence.
9. Hey! You’re talking to my guy all wrong. It’s the wrong tone. Do it again, I’ll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.
Clem was arguably one of the best characters in the whole film since Christopher Walken is, well, he’s Christopher Walken…’nuff said.
8. You wanna fight? Why don’t you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.
This is probably one of the last things you should be saying to a guy that can eat about as much as you weigh.
7. Life’s a garden, dig it?
Despite all the stuff that happens to him Joe keeps a positive attitude through everything. One has to wonder just how in the heck that’s even possible.
6. Luckily, my neck broke my fall.
Yeah, that’s exactly what you want breaking your fall. But on the plus side he almost landed on his head, the least important part of his body.
5. Guy likes to see homos naked, that doesn’t help me.
That would be insanely awesome if the guy was the same Farmer Fran that we saw in The Waterboy, and it’s entirely feasible too.
4. Why don’t you go practice fallin’ down? I’ll be there in a minute.
It’s safe to say that a lot of us have mastered this at some point in life, especially those that have been to college.
3. If I told you that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
She’s talented and all but have you noticed that Jaime Pressly seems to play a lot of white trash roles?
2. You guys got somethin’ to say to me? Why don’t you say it in the microphone. I got a backup mike right here. Check one two, testing, testing. Yup, they both workin’ and guess what? They don’t like no feedback, what’s up?
You can say one thing for Joe that’s in his favor, he just doesn’t give up, ever.
This seems to be his favorite catchphrase and is kind of his default expression for about everything.
Life’s a garden brother, dig it.