“Project Runway” is set to begin its’ sixteenth season soon and the prospect has fans excited to learn more about what they can expect. Previously, some of the most fantastic designers have lent their skills, creativity and wonderful ideas to help make the show the smashing success that it has been so far. It’s come a long way and is still going strong. We’ve taken a peek at who the new designers for the season are going to be. We wanted to share this with you so you’ll have an idea of what to expect when the new season premieres on August 17, 2017. We invite you to meet the designers of Season 16.
We can’t forget to mention that the show will be hosted by returning celebrities Tim Gunn and Heidi Klum. They will be joined by judges Zac Posen and Nina Garcia. Now to get to the designers we’ll be seeing soon. The Judges are also important cast members who appear as guest on various episodes. They will include Anne Fulenwider, Georgina Chapman, Rachel Brosnahan, Maddie Ziegler, Sophia Stallone, Carly Chaikin, Olivia Munn, Demi Lovato, Yolanda Hadid, Katie Holmes, Maggie, Q., Dove Cameron, Kate Upton, China Anne McClain, Kelsea Ballerini and Asia Kate Dillon.
There are going to be 16 designers coming on board for the show this season.
- 1. Margarita Alvarez, age 30 – Margarita is from San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- 2. Amy Bond, age 46 – Amy is from Los Angeles, California
- 3. Claire Buitendorp, age 27 – Claire is from Grand Ledge, Michigan
- 4. Shawn Buitendorp, age 27 – Shawn is from Grand Ledge, Michigan
- 5. Michael Brambila, age 25 – Michael is from Oakland, California
- 6. ChaCha, age 24 – ChaCha is from Taiwan
- 7. Kenya Freeman, age 37 – Kenya is from Atlanta, Georgia
- 8. Batani-Khalfani, age 32 – Khalfani is from Inglewood, California
- 9. Kudzanai Kridza, age 32 – Kudzanai is from Atlanta, Georgia
- 10. Ayana Ife, age 27 – Ayana is from Salt Lake City, Utah
- 11. Kentaro Kameyama, age 38 – Kentaro is from Los Angeles, California
- 12. Sentell McDonald, age 33 – Sentell is from New York, New York
- 13. Brandon Key, age 24 – Brandon is from San Francisco, California
- 14. Aaron Myers, age 23 – Aaron is from Brooklyn, NY
- 15. Deyonte Weather, age 36 – Deyonte is from Lynnwood, Washington
- 16. Samantha Rei, age 36 – Samantha is from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
What they’ll be up to
The contestant designers will be competing to make the best looks from some of the strangest items. It could include practically anything. This is half of the fun of the show. The show is a reality base series that has pushed through traditional design obstacles and forged new ground in the process of creativity. It is a very open show that gives the designers the space to discuss things that are the most important to them as well as giving them the opportunities to show the world just what they are capable of.
The designs will feature a wide range of sizes that will be from a size zero through a twenty two. They will be asked to design a lot of different sizes and styles, enough to truly put their skills and abilities to the supreme test. “Project Runway” will begin season 16 with it’s premier on August 17, 2017 on the Lifetime Network. Its’ scheduled time slot will be Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET.