Twins was one of the funniest movies of its time and for the simple reason that it used complete opposites to push its brand of comedy. Created in a lab, Vincent and Julius were the worst and best-case scenarios that could have happened, opposites in nearly every way. But somehow they still retained the infamous twin bond that so many people swear by and simply knew that there was someone out there that could complete them in some crucial way. Vincent had given up on being a good person wheres Julius knew little else. Â Raised under completely different circumstances, both men were still looking for something in their lives that could give them meaning and complete them in a way that goes beyond words.
Plus, it was just a superbly funny movie.
10. Schwarzenegger made more off of this movie than any of the Terminator movies.
He made 20 percent from the profits and also made thousands from the international sales of the movie. It’s more than he would have made by just taking a flat salary.
9. Schwarzenegger and DeVito were given the choice between doing this movie and Suburban Commando.
If they’d gone over to Suburban Command then Hulk Hogan and Christopher Lloyd would have been in Twins. Can we say thank you now?
8. There was an actual twin reunion during the filming of the movie.
A set of twins reconnected with their father on set when they found out that he was one of the crew members.
7. The deal for this movie was written and signed on a napkin.
There was a time crunch when making the decision for this film and so they used a napkin to sign an agreement. Devito still has it framed.
6. The two leads and the director had to split the percentage of the movie since the budget wasn’t that great.
They made a lot more by doing this than if they would have taken their fees upfront thanks to the overall success of the film.
5. Clint Eastwood visited the set one day.
He happened to come by when Schwarzenegger was singing and remarked that he didn’t know Arnold had such talent.
4. Schwarzenegger started getting more comedy scripts sent his way after this film.Â
He’d never done a comedy before and as a result people started thinking that maybe he’d found a different role that he could cultivate. It was a new side of Arnold that most people hadn’t realized was there.
3. There is a coral reef with a sandy beach at the same location that Julius tells people about in the movie.Â
The island in the film is fictional, but there is something at the coordinates he names, just nothing that would support Â the population in the film.
2. Heather Graham’s part was uncredited.
She was kind of there and gone within a few minutes but she still should have made a cameo credit.
1. Schwarzenegger states that this is the best decision he’s ever made.Â
The overall success of this movie was something that no one really expected but it’s been considered a comedy hit since its release.
Rumor has it there’s a sequel planned.